Free disposal vouchers for flood-affected materials
Vouchers for free disposal of flood-affected materials are now available for anyone impacted by flood water.
Vouchers can be collected by visiting a participating transfer station.
To access the vouchers, residents will need to provide transfer station staff with the client ID assigned to them when registering for any flood relief.
Residents who are yet to register can do so by calling 1800 302 787.
The types of flood-affected materials you can dispose of include:
- hard waste (furniture, mattresses, household items, whitegoods)
- garden waste and trees, branches and reeds that may have washed onto your property
- debris from your house and sheds (metal, bricks, timber, piping, fittings)
- plant and machinery (tools, lawnmowers, bikes and similar)
- water sport equipment
- electronic equipment and electrical items
- hot water systems
- air conditioners.
Asbestos is not accepted at these sites. Asbestos identification and removal is included as part of the free clean-up assessment, provided by the South Australian Government for registered residents.
Accessing this service is recommended as the best approach for dealing with asbestos.
Kerbside collections of flood-affected materials and sandbags will also be coordinated once heavy vehicle access is permitted and clean-up assessments are complete.
For more information, read the frequently asked questions.