Circular Economy Market Development Grants
Grants for councils, not-for-profit organisations, research institutes, and businesses that produce, manufacture, sell or promote South Australian recycled materials and recycled-content products
How much money is available?
Up to $100,000 (GST exclusive) per applicant.
Who can apply?
Local councils, industry associations, not-for-profit organisations, research institutes and businesses that produce, manufacture, sell or promote South Australian recycled materials and/or recycled-content products.
Consultancy businesses are not eligible but If you’re a consultant with a project that aligns with the Circular Economy Market Development guidelines, you need to partner with an eligible business/organisation to apply for funding.
What will we fund?
Projects targeting one or more priority waste materials including plastics, paper and cardboard, glass, scrap metals, textiles, e-waste and tyres.
- Projects that validate and improve the quality and performance of local recycled materials or recycled-content products such as:
- product quality testing with accredited testing organisations
- development of new or amended product technical specifications or product standards
- the associated certification or accreditation processes linked to the product standards or specifications
- development of environmental declarations (e.g. EPDs) or labels based on Australian (preferred) / international standards and independent verification
- laboratory testing and field trials for product mixes and/or performance etc that validate products ensuring that they meet market requirements
- the associated education, training and awareness raising activities.
- Projects that develop or expand markets with activities such as:
- communication and promotion that increases awareness and knowledge/understanding of the performance and benefits of the recycled-content products
- market analysis, market development and implementation plans
- engagement activities that will connect suppliers with potential markets
- development of sustainable procurement strategies, policies, targets, specifications, model practices, reporting and systems that increases and improve market demand for the use of recycled materials and/or recycled-content products, including across supply chains
- market research identifying specific industry and/or market development barriers and opportunities for emerging waste streams.
What WON’T we fund?
- retrospective activities i.e. projects which have been completed in the past or are already taking place without the grant
- general organisational administration or operation costs
- staff wages/salaries and on-costs that are not directly related to the project
- travel expenses
- equipment purchase or leasing
- infrastructure projects
- early-stage research prior to product development
- standards testing for packaging including alternatives to single-use plastics
When does it close?
Grants are open now for Expressions of Interest. All applicants must complete an Expression of Interest application, available for download here.
Contact Program Manager
- Program Manager: Ms Serena Yang
- Phone: 8204 2051