Keep South Australia Beautiful environmental solutions (KESAB) delivers programs to schools and the community on litter measurement, reduction, education and awareness under its three-year Service Level Agreement with Green Industries SA. The deliverables under this agreement have the purpose of reducing waste in targeted community groups and industry sectors to support South Australia’s Waste Strategy.
Green Industries SA’s partnership with the Local Government Association of South Australia supports the implementation of South Australia’s Waste Strategy and policy goals for the circular economy by, for example:
- coordinating and advocating for national solutions to problematic waste such as packaging and hazardous waste;
- supporting the implementation of the Environment Protection (Waste to Resources) Policy 2010; and
- facilitating local government discussion of key issues relevant to the agency.
The Waste Management and Resource Recovery Association of Australia (WMRR) SA Branch represents and advocates on behalf of its members issues which impact on the sector’s operations. This partnership with WMRR provides valuable input into decision-making processes and is a conduit to linking the industry with Green Industries SA. The deliverables under the Service Level Agreement include:
- holding regular events such as breakfast presentations, conferences and webinars to improve industry knowledge, expertise and networking opportunities; and
- administering working groups on specific issues and distributing information to members regarding the work program of Green Industries SA and related legislative proposals and industry activities.