Bushfires FAQ

Bushfire Waste Management and Clean-up: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

My property was missed – what should I do?
If you were missed, please contact your local Recovery centre for assistance and register your details.

For Adelaide Hills please visit

For Kangaroo Island please visit

I still have waste to be disposed of - what should I do?
The Government funded bushfire debris clean-up program is now finished with final registrations for assistance closing at the end of June 2020.

Depending on your waste needs, there are several disposal options for where you can take material. Please refer to your local council for information about waste management and recycling options available in your area.

Adelaide Hills Council

Mount Barker Council

Kangaroo Island Council

I have burnt and potentially dangerous trees on my property
Please contact your local Recovery centre for assistance and register your details.

I did my own clean-up and wish to seek reimbursement
Reimbursement was available for residents who had a private clean-up arrangement in place before 23 February 2020. Applications for reimbursements have now closed.

What other support is still available?
The Australian and South Australian Government have a range of support in place for eligible business or individual who have been adversely affected by the bushfires.

Can’t find the information you are looking for?
Please use our Contact Us form and we will get back to you.