Organisations across South Australia can capitalise on the opportunities of circular procurement, from improving their own practices or supplying circular and sustainable goods and services to other organisations.
Procurement Services SA publishes a Forward Procurement Plan on behalf of all public authorities to inform prospective suppliers about future procurement opportunities.
The Office of the Industry Advocate promotes competitive, capable local businesses to government purchasers and private sector companies delivering contracts on behalf of the government. To be involved you can:
- list your business on the product and services directory
- participate in Ready to Tender, which helps SA businesses navigate the government procurement process
- attend a Meet the Buyer event, which are held regularly.
Green Industries SA (GISA) is supporting the investigation of government procurement demand and identification of opportunities for increased procurement of circular and sustainable alternatives. Keep an eye on this page to hear more.
GISA is partnering with Collab4Good and StartSomeGood to deliver the Circular Impact Accelerator, a social enterprise design program to accelerate the development of new ways to address circular economy challenges in South Australia. Expressions of interest for the 2023 program are now closed.
GISA also has funding opportunities available for businesses looking to increase their capabilities around circular and sustainable procurement:
- Circular Economy Market Development Grants are available for councils, industry associations, not-for-profit organisations, research institutes, and businesses that design, apply and scale-up innovative circular economy business models and practices or produce, manufacture, sell or promote South Australian recycled materials and recycled-content products.
- Recycling Infrastructure Grants are available to South Australian businesses and local governments that recover, handle and process recyclable materials with the opportunity to invest in equipment, technology and processes to respond to the prevailing market conditions.
- The Business Sustainability Program assists South Australian businesses and industry sectors to accelerate sustainable change and transition to a more circular economy, including through increased circular procurement practices.
SA Water Future Procurement Opportunities
SA Water, with support from GISA, reviewed its procurement product categories to identify opportunities for increased circular procurement in SA Water. A high level overview of these opportunities is available, and SA water is open to discussing these with suppliers.