In partnership with South Australian waste management experts, Green Industries SA developed a number of resources to help business understand and better manage waste and materials, focusing on the principles of the waste management hierarchy and circular economy.
Waste and Recycling: Business Essentials is an introduction to managing waste across your business.
- Understanding your waste
- Waste management principles
- Landfill bans
- Breakdown of service costs, including info on the SA waste levy
- Measuring performance
- Recycling services and where materials go
- Working with building managers and cleaners
- Improving services in leased buildings
A Business Waste and Recycling Performance Calculator is available (in MS Excel format) to help you track waste and recycling across your business. When data is entered, the tool estimates total waste generation volumes, reuse and recycling levels, and waste management collection and service costs.
Other resources are available in the Tools & Guides section of this website, including:
- Waste and Recycling: Office Basics
- Waste and Recycling: Café and Restaurant Basics
- Waste and Recycling: Procurement and Contracts