GISA Strategic Plan 2018 - 2023
Achieve the environmentally-sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, in accordance with agreed frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
- Halve per capita global food waste at the retail and consumer levels and reduce food losses along production and supply chains, including post-harvest losses.
- Substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
- Ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature. Implement the 10-year framework of programs on sustainable consumption and production, all countries taking action, with developed countries taking the lead, taking into account the development and capabilities of developing countries.
- Promote public procurement practices that are sustainable, in accordance with national policies and priorities.
- Encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and to integrate sustainability information into their reporting cycle.
- Reduce waste in Australia per capita by 10% Divert 80% of waste from landfill 30% average recycled content across all goods and infrastructure procurement.
- Phase out problematic and unnecessary plastics.
- Halve volume of organic waste sent to landfill.
- Fit-for-purpose and timely data to be available for individuals, businesses, and governments to make informed decisions
- Reduce waste in Australia per capita by 10%.