Lead Educate Assist Promote (LEAP) grants support business and industry sectors take a leap towards building a circular economy.
Taking expressions of interest for 2021-22
(money available and criteria may change)
Contact: Program Manager, Aubrey Thomas, 0423 782 647
How much money is available?
Up to $50,000 per applicant
Who can apply?
Peak industry bodies or associations, and coordinated business groups that represent the interests of South Australian businesses within a specific industry sector or defined geographical area. Applicant organisations must have a clear management structure, membership portfolio and terms of reference (or equivalent).
What will we fund?
Projects delivered in partnership with a suitably qualified, independent service provider that allows the applicant to Lead-Educate-Assist-Promote sustainable business practice to constituents, helping them to take a “leap” in transitioning to a circular economy. Projects must address one or more of the following:
- improved waste management, prioritising action in accordance with waste hierarchy principles of waste avoidance, reduction, reuse, and recycling
- waste avoidance initiatives, including (but not limited to) product redesign, service reconfiguration, industrial symbiosis
- resource efficiency (energy, water, materials)
- lean production principles and practices
- sustainable supply chain management and product stewardship initiatives
What WON’T we fund?
Projects will not be funded that:
- are part of an established program of delivery that is currently running, or has been run in recent years
- offer the same, or similar services that already exist and are available to the target audience
- allow the applicant to make a profit, and projects that benefit a single organisation
- present generic advice, targets an undefined group of businesses, and/or targets a community (non-business-related) group
Contact Program Manager
Contact us to discuss your project and request guidelines and an application form. If you’re unsure who to engage to deliver the project, we can supply contact details of suitably qualified, independent service providers.
- Program Manager: Ms Aubrey Thomas
- Phone: 0423 782 647