Council Modernisation Grants
How much money is available?$700,000
Who can apply?All South Australian councils and subsidiaries that manage waste and recycling services (including organics) for residential and small business ratepayers. This includes: waste and recyclables collected through kerbside collected bins; hard waste, waste and recyclables collected at drop-off facilities, public place recycling (which is increasingly important as we transition to compostable takeaway products) and council-operated commercial services.
What will we fund?
- Using technology to innovate – software applications and infrastructure
- Pilot projects to increase food waste diversion in multi-unit dwellings
- Market research to assess ratepayer attitudes to a range of service delivery matters
- Cost benefit analysis – standardisation of bin systems
- Regional waste management plans updated to take into account South Australia’s Waste and Resource Recovery Plan
- Solutions for problematic wastes
- Other projects which improve source separation, kerbside performance and public place recycling, particularly with regard to the quality and volume of organic and co-mingled materials (or reduce residual waste yields).
What WON’T we fund?
- Retrospective projects (projects for which funding is matched by Green Industries SA must start after applications close).
- Projects targeting:
- Different bin system configurations e.g. six-bin systems
- Waste to energy proposals
- Hazardous waste kerbside collections in metropolitan Adelaide
- Education and market research (unless part of a pilot project)
- Projects which are eligible for funding or support under other Green Industries SA program:
- Kerbside Performance Plus (Food Organics) Incentives Program (open)
- Recycling Infrastructure Grants Program – Local Government and Industry (closed)
- Regional Transport Subsidies Program (open)
- Which bin Household Education Program (ongoing)
When does it close?
Contact Program ManagerFor queries please contact:
- Program Manager: Mr Justin Lang
- Phone: 0419 948 931