FAQs: Structural assessments for flood-affected properties

Who will be conducting my structural assessment?

Green Industries SA has appointed Johns Lyng Disaster Management Australia (DMA) to coordinate structural assessments and debris removal.

DMA will provide all registered property owners with a case manager to work through your specific situation and identify your unique needs.

When will my structural assessment be booked?

If you have registered, a representative from DMA will be in touch to book in a date for your structural assessment.

What information do I need to give to DMA?

Please try to pass on any information that might help DMA assess your needs, such as:

  • any communication from your insurance company
  • any identified hazards you are aware of on your property, like asbestos
  • road access issues.

My insurance company has already completed an assessment of my property. What happens next?

Any communication from your insurance company that you can pass on to DMA will speed up the process.

Your assigned case manager will take this information into account when assessing your needs.

There are still flood-affected materials on my property. How can I have them removed? 

The current free kerbside collection service will conclude on Friday 24 November 2023.

To arrange a collection of flood-affected materials before Friday 24 November, please call Johns Lyng Disaster Management Australia on 1800 418 491.

Where possible, please try and sort materials separately, keeping metals and e-waste separated. This will make the recovery and recycling of scrap metal more effective.

Who can I contact for more information?

If you have any further questions, please contact the JL-DMA information line, on 1800 418 491.