- Local Government
Guide to Kerbside Performance Reporting (2007)
Who should do a kerbside audit?
Apart from implementing a kerbside audit program as part of a council’s obligations under the our Kerbside Performance Incentives program, this standard methodology and reporting format can be used by any council and can be applied for any of the following purposes:
- Report within a council and/or region on the performance of a chosen waste and recycling system
- Compare performance with that of other councils in similar circumstances
- Provide the State Government (including Green Industries SA and the EPA) with data on the performance of kerbside systems
- Providing feedback to the community on their recycling efforts
- Reviewing the performance of a new system (for example, 6 months after its introduction)
- Reviewing an existing system prior to tendering for a new kerbside contract or at a mid-term review.